Jose Silva explains...
A new dimension of mind to help us correct problems on Planet Earth
by Jose Silva
with Ed Bernd Jr.
Even as you read these words, humanity is already beginning to take the first steps into the second phase of human evolution on our planet.
The first phase was physical development.
The second phase is spiritual development.
The signs of this new phase of our growth as human beings are unmistakable to observers and practitioners in the field of brain/mind research.
Only a relative handful of the more than 5 billing people on the planet have joined the movement so far, but they are already having a major impact.
And not a moment too soon.
We have reached the point where our physical skills and our mighty brains are no longer up to the tasks that face humanity.
We need something more.
Where are we headed?
When you contemplate and meditate on where humanity stands today on this planet, you will readily see that the human race is going in a demoralizing, degenerative, destructive direction. If not corrected, this can only end in disaster.
- Indicators indicate that:
- Crime is getting worse all the time, everywhere.
- Drug trafficking is causing great human suffering, and increased violence and killing.
- Water and air pollution are ruining our planet, our home.
- Many individuals are discouraged and no longer even try to lead productive, creative lives.
- Teenage pregnancies, especially to those who are not ready to be parents, is creating a whole underclass that is not functioning creatively and productively.
- Global unrest continues to increase.
- Many nations are going bankrupt.
- Wars are being fought over who gets a piece of land, how a person should worship, and for selfish economic reasons.
This stressful situation is bound to shorten the life span of the human race, as well as individual humans.
Well, that's the "problem" image. Now that we've identified the problem, the next questions is:
"Why do we have all of these problems?"
Studying and contemplating this situation at a deep meditative level, we are led back to one answer: Human intelligence.
Human beings are the caretakers of the planet. This is our assignment. If we fail to do our job, we will destroy ourselves.
It appears that we have reached a saturation point in our intellectual growth.
The dictionary defines a genius as "A person who has extraordinary intelligence surpassing that of most intellectually superior individuals."
Even the "intellectually superior individuals" seem to be unable to find solutions and to correct the problems that plague us today.
If our intellectual capabilities are saturated, then what are we to do?
Is there any solution?
Is there some way that we can surpass the intellectual saturation of the intellectually superior individuals so that we can come up with creative new ways to deal with our problems?
To do this, we cannot depend on just a few individuals. Everybody would have to develop additional mental faculties.
How can people acquire additional mental faculties?
The answer to that lies in the way the human brain and mind function.